Agora is the world’s leading video, voice and live interactive streaming platform, helping developers deliver rich in-app experiences – including embedded voice and video chat, real-time recording, interactive live streaming, and real-time messaging.
We power an average of over 60,000,000,000 minutes of human connection per month across the globe. Our mission is to make real-time engagement ubiquitous, allowing everyone to interact with anyone, anytime and anywhere.
We are customer-centric and results driven, and we foster an environment that values diversity, teamwork, mindful communication and excellence. With accelerating global growth, we are looking for exceptional people to enhance our team of world-class technology evangelists. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing multinational company that both values teamwork and recognizes individual impact. Your voice and ideas are welcome here.
Accounts Payable Management:
- Review invoices for accuracy, verify supporting documents, and enter expense data into the accounting system.
- Manage the full Accounts Payable cycle and process payments.
Collaboration and Issue Resolution:
- Collaborate with various departments to resolve invoice discrepancies, billing inquiries, and payment issues.
- Review customer contracts to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Assist in preparing weekly, monthly, or periodic reports of all billings.
- Perform the monthly closing process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Work on the annual budget process, financial forecasting, and tracking actuals vs. budget.
- Prepare budgets and provide monthly recaps on operations vs. budget.
- Review tax returns for reasonableness and unusual variances.
Employee Reimbursements and Stipends:
- Review employee reimbursement reports and monthly stipend claims.
- Act as the administrator for various platforms used for employee reimbursements and stipends such as Compt, Expensify, and Navan.
Stock Compensation Program:
- Coordinate with the HR team and maintain the Stock compensation system accurately.
- Maintain and update customer information in all systems, including Salesforce.com and internal billing systems.
- Maintain various Finance team systems and platforms, such as travel and expense report platforms.
- Oversee payroll information by designing systems, directing data collection, calculation, and error resolution.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, consult with management on prioritization, and drive projects to completion.
- Prepare required schedules, documentation, and respond to inquiries for all audits.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, conduct research, and resolve problems using internal and external resources.
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- One to three years of experience in general accounting required, , preferably at a high-growth tech company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related business field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate-level Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, for interaction with various functions across the organization.
- Solid understanding of billing and financial concepts.
- Willingness to work outside of regular hours during monthly closes and occasionally on weekends to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and discrepancies.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with international accounting operations.
- Experience in CRM/Salesforce.
- Experience in NetSuite/NSPB.
- Proficiency in Chinese (communication, reading, and writing).
Estimated On Target Earnings for this role is based on hired position:
Jr Accountant - $55,000 – $73,000
Accountant - $67,000 - $89,000
Salary may vary based on factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible for RSU program. We also have a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Job Location - Anywhere in US & Canada
Agora values its employees and provides a complete compensation package that includes benefits, equity and competitive base salaries.
Agora is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.