Security Solution Engineer
Agora is the world’s leading video, voice and live interactive streaming platform, helping developers deliver rich in-app experiences – including embedded voice and video chat, real-time recording, interactive live streaming, and real-time messaging.
We power an average of over 60,000,000,000 minutes of human connection per month across the globe. Our mission is to make real-time engagement ubiquitous, allowing everyone to interact with anyone, anytime and anywhere.
We are customer-centric and results driven, and we foster an environment that values diversity, teamwork, mindful communication and excellence. With accelerating global growth, we are looking for exceptional people to enhance our team of world-class technology evangelists. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing multinational company that both values teamwork and recognizes individual impact. Your voice and ideas are welcome here.
- Serve as the company’s US lead security engineer and technical leader with responsibilities in designing and leading security assessments on company applications/infrastructure and providing recommendations on effective countermeasures.
- Engage software solutions architects, software engineers and other relevant stakeholders - on embedding security controls throughout Agora’s operations, product and technology lifecycle.
- Develop global and regional strategies and security standards for on-prem, cloud, and mobile solutions.
- Identify, research, select, and implement solutions that can positively impact our security maturity.
- Establish security requirements for all IT assets, such as firewalls, endpoint protection, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess security risks and mitigation strategies for business initiatives.
- Understand stakeholders’ business initiatives to help forecast the security resources needed to accomplish organizational goals.
- Assisting our pre and post-sales engineering teams by providing technical influence, design consultation and recommended security best practices
- Research and understand the continuously changing security landscape and new requirements these changes bring. Plan and advocate new security technologies, architectures, and products that will support the Technology Trends, Data Privacy and Information Security requirements for the enterprise, clients, business partners and vendors.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years or more experience as a cybersecurity engineer
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to address security and business needs.
- Experience implementing effective security strategies and standards to on-prem and cloud technologies.
- Experience instilling security standards into all parts of the DevOps and Developer lifecycle
- Knowledge of leading EDR, IAM, network security, cloud security, and anti-phishing solutions
- Successful engagements with vendors to address security and technology needs. This includes collaborating with vendors from the initial requirements phase to final implementation.
- Background creating security standards, policies, and procedures to guide technology initiatives.
- Understanding of vendor management, departmental budgets, and forecasting
- Any other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills & Attributes
- Fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Possesses and demonstrates curiosity.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities for process and efficiency improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to clearly articulate and drive alignment across multiple teams and departments
- Ability to create and describe project estimations with assumptions and risks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple responsibilities.
- Executes with limited to no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed.
US Salary Details:
Estimated base salary range for this role is $127.500 - $200,000.
Salary may vary based on factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible for RSU program. We also have a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Agora values its employees and provides a complete compensation package that includes benefits, equity and competitive base salaries.
Agora is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.