Accounting Specialist - Tempe campus
Arizona State University
Accounting Specialist - Tempe campus
Business Operations, seeks an Accounting Specialist to perform a wide range of business and professional accounting related functions requiring initiative and independent judgement in support of the goals and objectives of Facilities Development and Management, Business Operations.
This position will be located at the Tempe campus.
This position is eligible for flexible work options, including alternative work schedules or hybrid remote work schedules where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
Finance & Accounting
FDM Business Ops AP
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$21.85 per hour. ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package with the State of Arizona.
08-September-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will be reviewed each week and continue to be accepted until the job is filled.
- Responsible for various accounts payable processes.
- Prepare or verify and encode requisitions, invoices, complex journal entries or other transaction documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with pertinent university or sponsor regulations; approve transaction documents within designated limits.
- Process on-line purchases using departmental purchasing cards.
- Contact various department personnel and vendors to resolve payment and invoice discrepancies or issues.
- Determines if funds are available for expenditures or requisitions and posts to proper account
- Perform or review specialized calculations related to posting and accounting functions.
- Prepare a variety of straightforward special and recurring accounting-related reports, summaries, financial statements, statistical reports and reconciliations.
- Review computer reports to identify and trace sources of error; make necessary corrections.
- Solves problems and recommends changes in procedure in accordance with previous training or experience.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness and makes necessary adjustments.
- Utilize various on-line screens and documents to perform duties.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions of the job.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday; 8:00AM-5:00PM
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND one (1) year of related experience; OR,Three (3) years related accounting experience; OR,Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
- Utilizing an on-line financial system (Workday, etc.).
- Procurement Card policies, procedures and reconciliation.
- Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Customer service skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand/sit for varying lengths of time and travel moderate distances to perform work.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
ASU Facilities Development and Management (FDM) maintains and services all university owned property, and develops and constructs innovative and sustainable facilities. FDM’s vision is to contribute to and guarantee the success of the university’s mission by creating and caring for the ASU campus and environment. We provide quality customer service, effectively steward our resources, and meet the needs of the university through creative and collaborative efforts.
ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package at very competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health and life benefits to insure you and your family, a wellness program for preventative health education and screenings, a disability and leaves program for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, access to world-class educational opportunities at ASU/UofA/NAU at deeply discounted rates for you and your eligible dependents, disability resources for Americans with Disabilities (ADA), a retirement program with a variety of retiree benefits to ensure your financial security at the end of your career, paid vacation and holidays – and more. For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources, Benefits website, at https://cfo.asu.edu/benefits
ASU’s comprehensive benefits package is a significant part of your overall total compensation – and ASU pays for most of it when you are a benefits-eligible employee.https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
For more reasons to join ASU, please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the University Services Building, 1551 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ (on Rural Road south of Apache Blvd).
This position requires that you must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of all background, including fingerprint, checks.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.