Arizona State University
Engineering Technical Services (ETS) is seeking a driven Automation Analyst to join our high-performing Systems Orchestration team. The role will accentuate the team’s automation efforts and capabilities, particularly within the ServiceNow and Microsoft 365/Power Platform ecosystems. The ideal candidate with be proficient in designing, implementing, and optimizing automated processes, generating insightful reports, and seamlessly integrating services. Dive into a role where your passion for innovation meets tangible business and operational enhancements.
Engineering Technical Services
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$58,824 - $81,700 per year, DOE
Task & Workflow Automation
- Leverage ServiceNow to improve ticket task creation, asset management identification, assignment, tracking, and reporting.
- Harness Microsoft 365 tools (e.g., SharePoint Lists, Forms, Planner) for data gathering, task automation, monitoring and communication.
- Ensure operational data relevancy and accuracy through automated review processes.
- Develop reports using data from ServiceNow and Microsoft 365.
Workflow & Process Automation
- Implement automation solutions using Power Automate, Slack Workflow Builder, Smartsheet and ServiceNow.
- Design service-improving and automation workflows in ServiceNow.
- Build business process workflows, encompassing approvals, notifications, and triggers.
- Integrate various workflow systems for comprehensive process automation.
- Build integrations with services like MS Teams and Slack using webhooks and JSON.
- Design custom applications on the Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps).
- Leverage REST API for system connections and service integrations.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
- Experience with ServiceNow development including catalog tasks, CMDB, and reports
- Experience with developing custom data list structures and data integrations (365/SharePoint Lists, Teams)
- Experience with application development utilizing the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, MS Graph)
- Experience with workflows and low-code development in platforms like Power Automate, ServiceNow, 365, Slack, SmartSheet, etc
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks such as PowerShell
- Experience with CI/CD processes (e.g. Terraform) with Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence.
- Deliver innovation that matters.
- Encourage bold thinking.
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
- Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.