Customer Service Specialist
Arizona State University
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Spec
Days and Schedule: This position typically works a Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm schedule however, due to staffing and peak times, it may occasionally be necessary to adjust schedule or work extended hours.
Clerical & Admin Support
PTS Tempe Customer Service
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.00 per hour
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, multi-tasking, and communication skills by providing information and guidance to customers in person, on the phone, and through email.
- Processes permit and transit pass sales applications and citation payments.
- Updates customer accounts, prepares online orders, temporary permits, and other materials.
- Prepares basic correspondence, informational packets and other materials for mailings.
- Prepares deposits.
- Assists supervisor with quarterly and annual processes.
- Handles cash and other negotiable instruments, such as debit and credit cards.
- Records transactions.
- Balances cash.
- Uses detailed maps
- Composes correspondence.
- Uses basic math.
- Completes manual and electronic forms.
- Tracks data.
- Additional responsibilities include responding to email for routing inquiries concerning department policy and procedures related to parking on campus; coordinating information for maintaining various logs, files, and reports.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Experience in a customer service role, preferably in a function providing parking permits, general information, and other similar services to the general public.
- Experience answering phones and providing information to customers in a high volume service environment. (1 year)
- Evidence of effective professional business communication skills (i.e., accurate grammar and spelling).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in cash handling in a retail or service environment. (2 years)
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Sitting maybe in a high stool or a typical office chair.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- Travel between campuses as needed to assist in staff coverage.
Parking and Transit Services (PTS) plays an integral role in support of the development of Arizona State University by managing the parking and commuter options on the four campuses. PTS operates numerous shuttle, bus, car-sharing, and carpool programs to provide sustainable transportation options to the campus community. These services assist ASU students, faculty, and staff in traveling to, around and between campuses. PTS employees work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding University department and enjoy the benefits, professional growth, and job satisfaction associated with working for this nationally recognized leader among public institutions and the model for the New American University.
At ASU, we care about our employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- AZ state school tuition reduction for employees and their dependents and spouse; all available on day one of employment.
- Competitive wages.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for confidential and free behavioral health services.
- Generous accrual of paid sick and vacation time.
- Low cost dental, health, life and vision insurance benefits; all available on day one of employment.
- Paid adoption and fertility subsidies.
- Paid time for professional development and volunteering.
- Retirement programs with employer match; designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Wide variety of employee discounts through ASU partnerships.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should include a cover letter and clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum
and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Please detail prior work experience using Month/Year time frame format; ie. 05-2022 to 05-2023.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.