Customer Service Specialist - Finances
Arizona State University
Customer Service Specialist - Finances
Customer Svc Spec
The Enterprise Technology (ET) Experience Center is seeking a Customer Service Specialist, Finances. This position serves as the primary contact for customer concerns/inquiries on such subjects as financial aid eligibility, processing requirements, student business services policies and procedures, balance inquiries and issues related to the overall financial services profile of the student at ASU, while communicating to both external and internal customers in a professional manner.
As with everyone in the ET, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, this position strives to embody and advance our ET Positive Core.
What’s in it for you:
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes: (Click here to explore options.)
- Opportunity to obtain NASFAA courses to obtain Certified Financial Aid Administrator credentials.
- ASU Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
We are currently hiring for the following shifts: Wednesday - Saturday 9pm to 8am and Tuesday – Friday 9pm-8am.
Clerical & Admin Support
ASU Enterprise Technology
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.00 per hour
22- September-2023- is the initial close date is the close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed each week until filled.
- Resolves basic issues, general concerns, and inquiries through phone, email, and chat regarding Financial Aid and Scholarship Services (FASS), and Student Business Services (SBS) processes and policies to ensure customer comprehension and satisfaction.
- Participates in, and contributes to, scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve university policy and processes.
- Prepares activity reports/logs on an as-needed basis.
- Establishes trust through commitment to ASU and student success and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Understands and satisfies customer needs and capitalizes on opportunities to improve customer service and satisfaction at the highest level.
- Inputs data and ensures the accuracy of all information entered into call tracking system(s).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Advances our Enterprise Technology Affirmative Pledge
One-two years’ experience in a customer service environment and experience in a frontline customer service environment OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of degree work or certification work in a closely related field.
- Experience in a financial aid customer service environment.
- Experience answering high volume customer service inquiries from students of diverse backgrounds via telephone, email, and/or chat.
- Experience in logging customer information into a call tracking system.
- Experience in multitasking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student business services policies and procedures.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with using web browsers.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating, and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Ability to model empathy, compassion, and emotional intelligence.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending and reaching.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation.
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers, and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility, and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.