Arizona State University
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law seeks a dynamic and professional individual to join the Business Office team and perform a variety of technical and clerical accounting and bookkeeping functions to support the operations of the law school.
The position is located on the Downtown ASU campus, and is eligible for flexible work options (including alternate schedule or hybrid with remote work for one day per week) after being part of the team for 6 months, subject to approvals per ASU Policy.
Finance & Accounting
College Of Law
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.67 - $23.08 per hour; DOE
- Perform all Accounts Payable related transactions in the FMS. Including but not limited to: Supplier Invoice Input; Requisition Requests; Reimbursement Requests; Speaker Fees and Honorarium Payments.
- Research and analyze transactions and documents to ensure compliance with financial policy and procedures.
- Prepare and verify other transaction documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with pertinent university or sponsor regulations.
- Maintain processes and associated forms on the Resource page for assigned tasks.
- Reconcile expense accounts monthly and correct discrepancies as needed.
- Perform a monthly inventory of coffee/tea supplies for the college and places orders based on inventory and usage. Places supply order for the Business Office.
- Enters cash receipts and takes payment to the ASU Downtown cashier.
- Acts as liaison between the college and the ASU Business Center for PCard transactions.
- Manage the PCard training for new users/employees and assist them with requesting a PCard.
- Perform or review specialized calculations related to posting and accounting functions.
- Contact department personnel, faculty, and staff regularly to resolve issues, keep all parties informed and to serve as a reference source; composes professional correspondence of technical nature pertaining to assignments.
- Review computer reports to identify and trace sources of error; makes necessary corrections.
- Prepare a variety of straightforward special and recurring accounting-related reports, summaries, financial statements, statistical reports, and reconciliation.
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired through the job.
- Physical presence at the workplace or the college is an essential function or requirement of this job.
- Assist senior personnel with more complex or specialized assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the goals of the department.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND one (1) year of related experience; OR,Three (3) years related accounting experience; OR,Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Knowledge of PCard policies, procedures and reconciliations.
- Experience in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Experience in Workday preferred; knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse. Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor and mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone, and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University is one of the nation's preeminent law schools, focused on offering students a personalized legal education. Ranked No. 1 in Arizona since 2010 and No. 32 nationally by U.S. News & World Report, ASU Law offers students the opportunity to tailor their education, to match externships to their interests and career services resources to help land their ideal jobs. Additionally, ASU Law's LEED Gold-certified building in downtown Phoenix is steps away from Arizona's legal, political and economic heart. For more information, visit law.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.