ServiceNow Systems Administrator Senior
Arizona State University
ServiceNow Systems Administrator Senior
Systems Administrator Senior
ASU, a leading innovator in Higher Education, is looking for a dynamic individual to join our ServiceNow Administration team. The ServiceNow Systems Administrator Senior provides escalation support to customers, manages the ASU ServiceNow platform, maintains documentation, enhancing service delivery, and vendor escalation. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience providing operational excellence, a passion for customer service, and a desire to be a lifelong learner. ASU’s Enterprise Technology has over 720+ employees, offering a variety of career paths in a high-energy working environment. We are engaged in technology initiatives which are transformative and unprecedented in Higher Education. Consider taking the step to join the Sun Devil family!
The ServiceNow System Administrators are the backbone of the support team, responsible for maintaining the stability and usability of the Now Platform through application maintenance, managing incident support related to ServiceNow applications, and delivering configuration tasks and features.
As with everyone on the Enterprise Technology team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our Enterprise Technology Positive Core.
SaaS Systems Administrators
ASU Enterprise Technology
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$69,157 - $78,624 per year; DOE
26-October-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed each week until the job is closed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high level technical support, consultation and troubleshooting to university staff, faculty, and or students, under the direction of Enterprise Technology
- Build strong relationships with teams across the university that utilize the services supported, become a trusted advisor providing recommended solutions to meet their needs
- Perform routine maintenance, including monitoring performance and identifying and remediating errors
- Manage update set creation and migration
- Scheduling and verifying instance clones
- Manage escalated issues and collaborate with other internal departments to expedite resolution
- Collaborate with technical teams to evaluate, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Responds promptly to escalations while keeping detailed case notes
- Managing instance security, user/group access or access control lists
- Standardize service offerings and planning department solutions
- Source new solutions for existing problems as well as innovative ideas; recommend and implement solutions
- Groom, prioritize, and work the ServiceNow request and support queue
- Help develop and maintain customer facing and internal knowledge base articles
- Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our Enterprise Technology Affirmative Pledge.
- Maintain an agile mindset, ongoing commitment to being flexible, willing to fail, and adaptive.
- Knowledge of Service Now and Knowledge Base Articles.
- Knowledge of process improvement methods and approaches.
- Skill in communicating with and serving customers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Ability to ensure Service Operability and Restoration.
- Ability to focus on providing value to students, faculty, and staff through the creation of service offerings that solve problems and help them achieve their goals.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Knowledge of functional automated software and current advances in technologies that would enhance the functional performance of the system.
- Knowledge of relevant technology tools sufficient to answer customer questions about use, to recommend configurations to meet specific needs, and to solve a wide variety of troubleshooting problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Bachelor's degree in a Technology related field and six (6) years of experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience supporting applications in a production environment
- Experience as a ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert; ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management components (e.g., Service Catalog, Change, Incident, etc.)
- Skill in using applications software to develop custom products.
- Skill in using scripting languages (PowerShell, bash, python, etc.) to automate services
- Knowledge of process improvement methods and approaches
- Skill in developing and delivering instruction and training.
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse 75 percent; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work 10 percent.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds 15 percent.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.