Business Analyst Associate
Arizona State University
Business Analyst Associate
Business Analyst Assoc
Student Business Services seeks a Business Analyst Associate for various reporting and University systems and business maintenance needs. Duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of computer and business systems to meet departmental and University requests. The ideal candidate will have a background working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects at the same time, and has experience working with PeopleSoft or a similar student account information system.
The successful candidate; not presently employed with Financial Services, will be paid a signing bonus of $750.00, and a $1,250.00 bonus after completing six months of employment with the department.
SBS Studnt Fin Studnt Acct Sup
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$55,000 per year
- Assists in the set-up and maintenance of the student account system for student billing purposes.
- Advises other departmental staff on standard tools and combinations of tools that are available, or can be developed to meet specific needs.
- Collaborates and teams with others on a variety of technology and technology support projects.
- Escalates technical issues that require extensive or unique programming, modification, or operates outside of standard business practices.
- Is on-call for training, assistance, and troubleshooting for support staff, faculty, and internal staff.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or similar AND one (1) year experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work OR Five (5) years experience in procedural, management, or systems analysis work OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in preparing detailed and complex reports utilizing data warehouse/storage and retrieval systems such as Microsoft Access or other query software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft or other similar student account information system with specific development experience in page modifications, application engines and upgrade testing.
- Experience with Workday Accounting system, or other on-line accounting systems.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in a university setting and/or familiarity with federal regulations pertaining to student information and tuition reporting requirements.
- Experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Clearly communicate in person, over the phone and through email to perform essential functions.
Student Business Services provides accounting functions in the areas of Student Accounts, Cashiering Services, Collections, Tuition Assessment and Treasury Management. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Student Business Services Department will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.