Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Arizona State University
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analy Sr
At Knowledge Enterprise Analytics we are seeking for a Business Intelligence Analyst Senior position to translate business needs and questions into technical solutions for large, system-wide projects; use Business Intelligence (BI) tools to create reports and query objects for executive level reporting; provide BI tools support to business users and colleagues; serve as the liaison between the business organization, leadership, and the BI technology team.
Knowledge Enterprise Analytics
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$76,515 - $85,000 per year; DOE
- Works in-office at least two days a week to attend meetings, provide additional context to completed analyses, and be available to leadership as needed.
- Receives report requests, evaluates requirements, and recommends existing or new solutions. Creates reports and data products. Assists customers and colleagues with information needs through understanding of data and metadata content.
- Oversees the monthly reporting and audit process.
- Oversees the ticketing system and responds to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Oversees and maintains sponsor and unit data within an enterprise research administration system.
- Identifies and assesses potential data sources needed. Elicits requirements using interviews, requirements meetings, surveys, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Assists with prototype creation and coordinates prototype reviews. Works with developers/architects to translate requirements into a technical solution.
- Assists with creating and delivering end-user training and documentation.
- Works closely with development teams on product design; makes recommendations to enhance support and usability. Validates data solutions meet requirements and service-level agreements.
- Participates in system administration functions including, but not limited to: data validation, duplicate resolution, system change requests and system integration/user acceptance testing to ensure ongoing integrity and security of data consistent with university policies and procedures. Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelors degree in a business, information technology or closely related field and four (4) years of experience in data modeling or database design using SQL or similar language, BI tool use and administration as well as user training/documentation development experience , OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience working cooperatively and effectively with a variety of individuals
- Experience in problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
- Three (3) years of experience as a Research Administrator (pre-award or post-award)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Proposal and Award process
- Experience with Excel and Pivot Tables
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education business processes and needs.
- Experience in translating business questions and requirements into reports, views and BI data products.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence tool architectures, functions, and features.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of developing queries for reporting and analysis. Skill in problem-solving and metadata.
- Experience in communicating complex, conceptual and technical concepts to a variety of audiences .
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment requiring balancing multiple competing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and exhibit leadership skills to achieve results.
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating, and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
For the ninth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At Knowledge Enterprise Analytics, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.