Arizona State University
Cybersecurity Analyst is an exciting and in-demand career option. Within the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering (FSE), these professionals protect the organization and its individuals from online threats such as hacking, data breaches, and cyber-attacks, commanding a crucial role in safeguarding sensitive information and ensuring the integrity of computer systems and networks for educational and research-orientated entities. As one of Arizona State University’s (ASU) largest and expanding organizations, FSE’s Cybersecurity Analyst position is slated for upward growth while in the capable hands of the best candidate.
Keeping informed of the latest security threats and trends is vital for success in this field. Communication and collaboration skills are also valuable assets, as Cybersecurity Analysts often work with cross-functional, university-wide teams to implement and maintain security measures.
This future-leaning career requires a passion for knowledge with a strong computer science, programming, and networking foundation. Cybersecurity Analysts must have robust analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and, at times, the ability to work under pressure. Familiarity with various security tools and technologies, a formidable understanding of FSE and university security policies and protocols, and national and international data privacy laws are also essential.
Engineering Technical Services
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$64,662 - $89,189 per year, DOE
- Executes defined tasks and contributes to solving problems with defined solutions.
- Manage low, medium, and high-tier security-related tickets.
- Familiarity with Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM).
- Strong command of written and spoken words.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of common security concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology and Computer Science field.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of experience in information technology OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into relatively simplistic directives.
- Experience in creating and writing policies and standards.
- Experience in presenting in groups and training staff.
- Ability to assess system or network security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to coordinate vulnerability mitigation efforts across multiple teams.
- Ability to assess social engineering risks related to electronic communications.
- Ability to assess and document third-party system or software integrations risk.
- Ability to conduct and support Information Assurance training to a broad user base.
- Ability to manage and leverage security tools to reduce organizational risk.
- Ability to communicate well with others and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a growth mindset and exhibit a collaborative work style.
- Experience in being detail-oriented and in using critical thinking skills.
- Fast-paced work experience in a technical setting.
- Ability to work cohesively with the IT teams and divisions to conduct risk assessments, administer, and audit security systems.
- Ability to implement and maintain security architecture, technologies, and processes with a future-leaning vision for continuous enhancement and improvement.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to work in cramped and enclosed areas and exposure to variations in temperature when deploying equipment.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
Deliver innovation that matters.
Encourage bold thinking.
Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.