Front of House Office Assistant and Receptionist
Arizona State University
Front of House Office Assistant and Receptionist
As the Front of House Office Assistant and Receptionist you represent The Design School Brand at the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, a creative and collaborative problem-solver, who can help everyone feel welcomed. The Front of House Office Assistant and Receptionist will be responsible for the day-to-day front desk operation, greeting and helping the members of our community, connecting with visitors and prospective students and parents. A successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who can support various needs of the office.
Clerical & Admin Support
The Design School
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.00 - $20.19 per hour; DOE
- Manages activities in the front office including answering phone calls, greeting visitors, and providing general information in response to inquiries.
- Operates on site visits/tours.
- Works collaboratively with other administrative assistants, coordinators to support the school as needed, including assisting with workshops, meetings, reserving conference rooms.
- Provides assistance and information to faculty, staff and outside organizations regarding function/program.
- Sorts and distributes mail, ensures the front office area is presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials.
- Maintains a high service standard and professionalism when representing The Design School.
- May supervise, train and evaluate student ambassadors.
No prior experience required; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues related to the area of assignment.
- Demonstrated customer experience with diverse groups.
- Experience in presenting/speaking in front of groups, in person and on Zoom
- Experience in working effectively in an environment with quickly changing priorities and sensitive/confidential information.
- Experience in maintaining effective, respectful working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolutions of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to computer workstation / laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, copier, and telephone.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
This position is 100% in-person
The Herberger Institute comprises the School of Art; School of Arts, Media and Engineering; The Sidney Poitier New American Film School; School of Music, Dance and Theatre; The Design School; and the ASU Art Museum. With 130 degree and certificate options, and programs ranked top 20 in art, design, music, theatre, digital culture, film, dance and more, plus a top university art museum, a leading immersive media facility, and national and international partnerships, the Herberger Institute is a powerhouse of art, culture and design.
Our mission is to position designers, artists, scholars and educators at the center of public life and prepare them to use their creative capacities to advance culture, build community and imaginatively address today’s most pressing challenges.
The vision of the Herberger Institute is to advance the New American University by embedding designers, artists and arts-based inquiry at its core and throughout the communities it serves locally, nationally and internationally. With 7,000+ students, mare than 700 faculty members, and 130 program options, the Herberger Institute is committed to redefining the 21st-century design and arts school.
As part of Arizona State University, the most innovative university in the nation, the Herberger Institute seeks to drive and scale new ways for arts and design to have impact in our world. We invite you to join our work.
• Creativity as a core 21st-century competency
• Design and the arts as critical resources for transforming our society
• Innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship
• Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaboration and research
• Social embeddedness
• Projecting all voices
Why work @ASU - https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Total compensation at ASU is defined as more than the salary paid for the valuable work performed to support the success of our ASU students. It includes:
• Salary and wages paid
• Comprehensive package of affordable benefit plans and programs
• Access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates
• ASU's total compensation estimator shows the approximate value of your overall compensation
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.