Arizona State University
Performs manual and clerical duties related to delivering, shipping, receiving, Inspecting, storing, and issuing a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment.
Post-offer of employment selected candidate must:
- Possess an acceptable driving record which is 3 or fewer points in the most recent 24-month period from date of hire.
- Pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment
Procurement & Stores
SCM First Class Mail
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.25 per hour
- Load and unload delivery truck/box truck/van.
- Heavy lifting/moving daily (20-70 pounds).
- Operate various vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Receive, process and deliver parcels/mall/freight/surplus property.
- Assist CEMS team in delivery of chemicals to campus
- Perform clerical tasks for documentation and record-keeping.
- Provide customer service and problem resolution.
- Stock shelves, fill orders, verify orders/pecking slips.
- Use hand-held scanner and various computer systems.
- Comply with ell established safety guidelines.
- Ensure quality control of products and services.
One year of shipping/receiving experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Employee is required to possess a Class D Driver’s license throughout employment. Some positions may require state certification in forklift operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated or computerized system operation. Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety practices.
- Experience in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Experience in operating forklift or other materials handling equipment.
- Experinece in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Working in a warehouse environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Interacting with customers.
- Driving ASU Vehicles long and short distances, driving on ASU campuses, often in high pedestrian traffic.
- Driving ASU vehicles for at least 50% of the time.
- Working in supervised teams.
- Working outside picking up and delivering parcels, mall packages, surplus property, and heavy materials.
- Climbing up and down with heavy materials.
- Lifting materials up to 70 pounds in weight.
At ASU, we care about our employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- AZ state school tuition reduction for employees and their dependents and spouse; available on day one of employment.
- Competitive wages.
- Employee assistance for confidential and free behavioral health services. Generous accrual of paid sick and vacation time.
- Low cost dental, health, life and vision Insurance benefits.
- Paid adoption and fertility subsidies.
- Paid time for professional development and volunteering.
- Retirement programs with employer match.
- Wide variety of employee discounts through ASU partnerships.
The Materials Management department at Arizona State University receives, sells, and delivers office supplies, mall, packages, furniture, parcels, and gases used in research, surplus property, paper, and maintenance supplies. It Is part of University Business Services. The vision of University Business Services is to lead in business services and customer satisfaction.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which Is 3 or fewer points in the most recent 24-month period from date of hire.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment.
Tuition Reduction Reduced In-state tuition is available to faculty and staff who are employed at least 50% within the state university system, their spouses and dependent children. You must be employed on the first day of the session to be eligible for employee reduced In-state tuition. At ASU, the Qualified Tuition Reduction Form must be submitted on or before the first day of a session to qualify for reduced tuition.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work In the United States; ASU Materials Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.