Financial Manager Sr.
Arizona State University
Financial Manager Sr.
Financial Manager Sr
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, and economic development at Arizona State University. With a focus on fostering collaborations, we drive the implementation of solutions to real-world challenges.
Southwest Advanced Prototyping Hub (SWAP): SWAP is a cutting-edge research and development facility dedicated to advancing prototyping capabilities in collaboration with government and industry partners. It is an integral part of ASU's Knowledge Enterprise and plays a pivotal role in supporting Department of Defense contracts.
The Financial Manager, Sr will be responsible for overseeing and managing the post-award financials of the newly awarded Southwest Advanced Prototyping Hub (SWAP) within ASU's Knowledge Enterprise. This role will primarily focus on post-award management, with a strong preference for experience in Department of Defense and Other Transaction Authority (OTA) contracts. Additionally, the Financial Manager, Sr will handle procurement, subcontracts, and account reconciliation duties.
Successful candidate will be paid a signing bonus of $4,000 when they complete six months of employment with the department.
Finance & Accounting
KE Financial Services
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$59,800 - $85,000 per year, DOE
- Monitor and ensure compliance with terms and conditions of awarded contracts.
- Coordinate with project leads to develop and manage project budgets, including tracking expenditures and forecasting financial needs.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to stakeholders.
- Monitor project deliverables and invoicing for contract milestones.
Department of Defense Contracts Expertise:
- Utilize extensive knowledge of Department of Defense contracting processes and regulations (including OTAs) to effectively manage contracts.
- Stay updated on relevant changes in regulations and compliance requirements.
- Oversee procurement processes, ensuring compliance with ASU and government procurement policies.
- Work closely with vendors to negotiate terms and conditions and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Conduct regular reconciliations of financial accounts to maintain accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Resolve discrepancies in a timely manner and implement corrective actions.
- Financial Reporting:
- Generate and distribute comprehensive financial reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on financial analysis.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with project teams, researchers, and external partners to facilitate financial planning and reporting.
- Communicate financial information effectively to non-financial stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field AND eight (8) years of professional accounting and/or professional financial operations experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in financial management, with a focus on post-award management and Department of Defense contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of government contracting regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and financial modeling tools.
- Experience in using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of effective interpersonal and communication skills.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations, and a commitment to sustainability, innovation, and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market, as such the following options may be offered dependent on department needs:
Flexible work options:
- Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
- Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
- Remote work is an arrangement where the employee spends less than 60% of their regular workweek at a regularly assigned ASU work location. Executive vice president-level approval is required.
Standard Working Environment:
- Climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of being in a stationary position.
- Constantly detects and operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange accurate information to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
For the ninth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At Knowledge Enterprise, Financial Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.