First Year Recruitment Coordinator (AZ FYS)
Arizona State University
First Year Recruitment Coordinator (AZ FYS)
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Admission Services at Arizona State University seeks an effective communicator who shows initiative in completion of duties with accuracy and attention to detail. This person will be able to connect quickly with students, families, along with internal and external partners in a poised, informative and enthusiastic manner and will be capable of stimulating and motivating others while being responsive and aware of their needs and concerns. This position will entail working at a very fast pace with frequent interruptions and will require working both independently and collaboratively at times in order to complete tasks. Under general supervision, we need someone who is able to counsel and confer with prospective students interested in enrolling at Arizona State University.
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$44,500 per year
- Implements strategies to the assigned market, develops strong relationships with prospective students and their family members, counsels and confers with students interpreting and providing program procedures, policies, goals and objectives through phone contact, a variety of electronic media, and face-to-face meetings to ensure a seamless transition to university.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft and ASU online information systems to monitor and accurately inform prospective students.
- Utilizes CRM to record phone interactions, correspondence, visits, monitoring and follow up of prospective student information in a timely manner.
- Effectively integrates enrollment strategies and action items through meaningful and productive interactions with students.
- Acts as liaison and develops strong relationships with local organizations, Alumni and other local networks that can aide recruitment efforts in the assigned markets through a variety of communication methods.
- Assists with or conducts special programs, visits, events, presentations or workshops in support of Admission Services, and when requested, to other University units to achieve overall university goals.
- Assists with admissions appointments and University Information Sessions, frequent presentations in front of large audiences, and recruitment events as assigned both in person and live hosted virtual programs.
- Efficiently executes campaigns by phone or other communication methods in order to successfully meet the overall university enrollment goals.
- Collaborates with all student recruitment areas as well as supervisors and enrollment management leadership to synergize with the goal of achieving university enrollment objectives for students.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions designated by supervisor.
- Provides assistance with various student visit programs and events including on and off campus functions.
- Frequent nights and occasional weekends are required to perform the tasks necessary to be successful in this position.
- When requested, travels domestically or internationally and performs some or all of the previously listed tasks during those trips.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of being bilingual in English and a second language is preferred.
- Experience with student recruitment and admission practices.
- Experience in the principles and practices related to academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or other student support functions.
- Experience developing and conducting group presentations targeted to diverse audiences.
- Experience in developing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Experience in strategic planning and decision-making principles and procedures.
- Experience in using organizational and time management skills
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Communicate to perform essential functions.
- Frequent travel, involving operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are expected.
In support of the university’s mission and goals, Academic Enterprise Enrollment creates, promotes and institutionalizes the broadest possible awareness of ASU as the New American University by utilizing a variety of data-informed strategies to enroll a diverse student population representative of the vision of Arizona State University. AEE brings discipline to the formulation of enrollment strategy and the refinement of enrollment processes, and is an effective collaborator with our college and school colleagues and other enrollment partners within the Academic Enterprise, Knowledge Enterprise and Learning Enterprise. AEE is comprised of the following units: Academic Enterprise Communications; Admission Services; Financial Aid and Scholarship Services; University Registrar Service; the Pat Tillman Veterans Center; and the International Student and Scholar Center.
Academic Enterprise Enrollment Core Values:
- Make the human connection: We commit to listen, offer empathy and show compassion.
- Drive success with teamwork: We solve problems with collaboration and creativity.
- Promote a thriving community: we recognize work-life balance and embrace our individual differences.
- Go above and beyond: We share our time, talents and expertise to make an impact in all that we do.
- See the extraordinary through our efforts: We support those who are pursuing their dreams.
- Lead with respect and positive intent in every situation: We communicate openly, genuinely, and with transparency.
ASU offers an array of employee benefits, including reduced tuition for employees, their spouses and dependents; competitive rates for health and life benefits; a wellness program; disability and leave program; paid holidays; and retirement programs. Visit https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefits for further details, as well as https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-applicant for a message to future ASU employees.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.