Student Services Coordinator Sr
Arizona State University
Student Services Coordinator Sr
Student Services Coord Sr
SCAI is seeking 2 full-time Student Services Coordinator Senior’s to provide front line student services and triage to SCAI students at our Tempe campus. On position will be responsible for oversight and coordination of our frontdesk area as well as administrative projects supporting our undergraduate advising team. The second position will provide back up to a graduate front desk role and will have their own dedicated students workers to supervise. This position is a great opportunity for professionals who are looking into a future career in higher education and/or academic advising. Hybrid work may be considered after hire and after training.
These positions are part of the School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence (SCAI) academic advising team. SCAI is the largest of the Fulton Schools of Engineering, with over 12,000 domestic and international students between our Tempe, Polytechnic, and Online campuses. SCAI Advising staff value a student-centered approach at the heart of everything that we do. Our advising team is a diverse group of dynamic and seasoned individuals highly adept at pivoting to our ever-changing school and student needs. Working with SCAI students is fun and rewarding! Our students are exceptional and go on to accomplish amazing things. SCAI and FSE leadership fosters an engaging work environment with many opportunities for growth.
At FSE, we deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and advance research and innovation — all at scale. FSE is agile, dynamic and dedicated to continuous innovation, student success, faculty excellence and partner engagement. We welcome you to lend your broad range of talent, perspectives and experiences to our community of engineering, computing and technology professionals. You would be joining a team of more than 420 full-time staff who support our goals in building engineers and inspiring innovation. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan area. The resources built around our 25 undergraduate degree programs provide the foundation and collaborative possibilities to advance your ideas and help you make an impact. Join us.
Advising & Admissions
Sch Compt & Augmented Intellig
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $48,00 per year; DOE
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide administration and coordination of administrative duties and services to students in SCAI’s undergraduate population.
- Co-coordinate SCAI Tempe’s front desk student services operations (undergrad or grad);
- Includes oversight of in person, express, Zoom, Salesforce, and phone traffic into our office by functional area (undergrad vs grad);
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance development of designated student workers;
- Responsible for projects related to functional area. Projects may include but are not limited to:
- DARS or IPOS checks, international student support, course override support, admissions or change of major/minor support, event support, supply orders or office oversight by functional area, and other projects as assigned;
- Provide backup support for other Student Services Coordinator Sr’s as needed;
- Assist and provide leadership on special projects that support the undergraduate or graduate advising team;
- Participate as needed in undergraduate or graduate advising events.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/ coordinate program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Higher education or related experience.
- Ability to problem solve, apply critical thinking, and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Experience in organizing, collecting, analyzing and reporting a variety of data in written, verbal and electronic formats. Experience with Peoplesoft, Salesforce, Analytics, is a plus.
- Experience in using Peoplesoft, Excel, Canvas, Google Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Outlook, etc.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended period of sitting.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer.
- Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Ability to work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments with review of completed tasks.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interact with a diverse set of national and international students. Work environment may require a combination of in office and telecommuting depending on space constraints.
Flexible work options
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
• Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
The School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence (SCAI) is the largest school within the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering with locations on the Tempe, Polytechnic and Online campuses. SCAI has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, and provides service to the profession and the community. Our degree programs are widely recognized and offer opportunities for students to participate in research. Our research impact encompasses “Computing data into information – secure and affordable, anytime, anywhere”.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
Deliver innovation that matters
Encourage bold thinking
Foster a community of learning and collaboration
Build a foundation for all to be successful
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASI/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.