Director, Facilities Management - Polytechnic campus
Arizona State University
Director, Facilities Management - Polytechnic campus
Facilities Development and Management (FDM), Facilities Management (FM), seeks a Director for its Polytechnic campus, reporting to the Executive Director, FDM FM Administration.
FDM FM Polytechnic
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$115,000 - $125,000 per year commensurate of experience and education. ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package with the State of Arizona
- Perform work of considerable difficulty in planning, implementing, evaluating, organizing, and directing Polytechnic campus facilities management activities, including maintenance and operation of all physical assets.
- Ensure all applicable federal, state, and Arizona Board of Regents laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Direct activities of crafts and trades, administer campus energy conservation programs, custodial services, grounds maintenance, construction services, general maintenance services, capital projects, department accounting, service center, training and development, and campus storage.
- Provide coordination and assistance on facility renovations, maintenance operations, project management and scheduling, contract administration and quality assurance, construction, code compliance and building commissioning of all new facilities at ASU’s Polytechnic campus.
- Direct and oversee the preparation and execution of a multi-million dollar budget and monitor performance of budget.
- Oversee the purchase, distribution, use and maintenance of all utilities including cost/benefit analysis of services.
- Develop department strategic plans.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of campus facilities planning, including identification, development and implementation of plans to meet short and long-range physical needs.
- Maintain effective working relationships with administrators of university academic, research, and support services units as well as various agencies and organizations, including professional societies, state and local planning, and maintenance and educational agencies.
- Engage in public speaking events related to campus built-environment and develop reports and written communication for various audiences.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field and 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Facilities Management.
- Effective communication skills
- Supervision and leadership of a large diverse labor force
- Management of building maintenance activities in a higher education environment
- Construction project management and project coordination
- Directing facilities management activities
- Supervising facilities management staff
- Budget management and forecasting
- Contract administration for services (i.e. custodial, elevators, etc.)
- Problem-solving and risk assessment
- Customer service skills
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- People management and team building
- Facilities management principles
- Project and construction methods
- Activities are performed in a variety of internal and external settings.
- Access various facilities and sites which involves walking, climbing stairs or ladders, standing and walking on uneven surfaces for long periods of time in extreme temperatures.
- Activities require bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, crouching, stretching, climbing, crawling and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Participate in field work which requires exposure to dirt, dust, and inclement weather.
- May also perform some activities in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
- Drive University vehicle.
ASU Facilities Development and Management (FDM) maintains and services all university-owned property, and develops and constructs innovative and sustainable facilities. FDM’s vision is to contribute to and guarantee the success of the university’s mission by creating and caring for the ASU campus and environment. We provide quality customer service, effectively steward our resources, and meet the needs of the university through creative and collaborative efforts.
ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package at very competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health and life benefits to insure you and your family, a wellness program for preventative health education and screenings, a disability and leaves program for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, access to world-class educational opportunities at ASU/UofA/NAU at deeply discounted rates for you and your eligible dependents, disability resources for Americans with Disabilities (ADA), a retirement program with a variety of retiree benefits to ensure your financial security at the end of your career, paid vacation and holidays – and more. For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources, Benefits website, at https://cfo.asu.edu/benefits
ASU’s comprehensive benefits package is a significant part of your overall total compensation – and ASU pays for most of it when you are a benefits-eligible employee. https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
For more reasons to join ASU, please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the Polytechnic campus, 6110 South Sagewood, Mesa, AZ.
This position requires that you must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.