AI Program Manager
Arizona State University
AI Program Manager
As the AI Program Manager at the university ranked number 1 in innovation for nine consecutive years, you will have a crucial role in shaping the future of artificial intelligence at ASU and beyond. Your main objective is to lead and motivate teams of creative thinkers and innovators collaborating with various stakeholders to turn cutting-edge concepts into groundbreaking AI products. Your focus is on principled and responsible innovation. Your ultimate goal is to create AI solutions that enhance student learning and success.
Works closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project and product requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations.
As with everyone in the Enterprise Technology team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our Enterprise Technology Positive Core.
ASU Enterprise Technology
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Forge strong, collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders, including faculty, researchers, administrators, and external partners. Your ability to engage and align diverse interests will be essential in shaping the future of AI at our university.
- Coordination Excellence: Masterfully coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in AI projects, fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. Your talent for orchestrating diverse teams will be instrumental in delivering AI solutions that exceed expectations.
- Technical Translation Expertise: As a bridge-builder, you will seamlessly translate complex technical concepts into understandable language for non-technical stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and contributing their expertise effectively.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for AI projects and products that aligns with the university's innovation goals.
- Technical Oversight: Provide technical leadership and guidance to AI project teams, ensuring adherence to best practices, ethical standards, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control processes to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and robustness of AI solutions.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage budgets for AI projects, tracking expenses and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Project Execution: Oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of AI projects, from inception to completion, ensuring on-time delivery and alignment with project requirements.
- Evaluation and Improvement: Continuously assess the impact and performance of AI projects, identifying areas for improvement and optimization.
- Ethical Considerations: Ensure that AI projects and products adhere to ethical guidelines and prioritize responsible AI development and deployment.
- Stay Informed: Keep abreast of the latest developments in AI research, technology, and industry trends to inform decision-making and strategy.
- Team Leadership: Foster a collaborative and innovative team environment, mentoring and coaching team members to maximize their potential.
- Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our Enterprise Technology Affirmative Pledge.
- Experience or education in artificial intelligence (AI) project, product, or program management
- Experience working in higher education or EdTech environments
- Experience developing strategies and technical specifications for large, complex, emerging technical projects and products
- Experience and certifications in project, product, program and/ or portfolio management
- Experience working with and applying agile methodologies
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer.
- Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Review of completed tasks; provides and reviews assigned work activities to team members for quality and achievement of set goals.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and
executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our
work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.