TEMPORARY & PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT - ASU OFFICE POSITIONS
Arizona State University
TEMPORARY & TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT - ASU OFFICE POSITIONS
Customer Service Spec (HR)
Arizona State University is providing a new opportunity for Administrative Assistant-type employment. Throughout the year, there is a need for temporary or temporary to permanent employment by ASU Departments. We invite you to apply to these positions on this requisition.
The selected candidate will provide professional level administrative support to ASU Departments by performing general business office duties as assigned.
The ASU Office of Human Resources will review each resume and contact qualified candidates for an interview as positions become available. If selected for the position, the hire will be contingent on a successful background check. Depending on the duration of the position, it may be eligible for ASU Benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage).
Candidates selected for temporary positions may be considered for other temporary positions once the original assignment is completed.
Days and Schedule: Schedules may vary between, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexible schedules and some remote work may be available.
HR Emp Service Center
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
From $20 per hour to commensurate with your experience.
Applicants will be reviewed each week. This posting is opened until closed.
- Maintains a variety of records requiring classification and compilation of varied information.
- Drafts correspondence; answers questions or complaints and makes adjustments within established limits.
- Serves as a primary reference source for function to assist departments and employees in resolving discrepancies or procedural problems utilizing knowledge of specialized function; responds to technical administrative questions ensuring necessary follow-up.
- Reviews reports and printouts to identify and trace source of error and make necessary corrections; performs technical or complex verification and reconciliation activities.
- Recommends changes to policies or procedures affecting assigned function.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of recurring and special reports, tabulations or budgets unique to assigned function.
- Communicates new or revised procedures and any pertinent information regarding assigned functions; updates related policy/procedure manuals.
- Checks, reviews or prepares records, reports, forms or other documents of various kinds pertinent to assigned function(s); personally investigates complicated problems or errors.
- Plans and prioritizes workload to meet set deadlines.
- Schedules events and maintains calendars of supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Office and customer service experience in a frontline service environment, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in providing customer service both in person and on the phone in a professional office environment
- Experience working in a customer service environment applying problem-solving, decision making, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with maintaining supply inventories and purchasing and/or receipting
- Experience in scheduling meetings
- Experience working in diverse populations
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Knowledge of systems such as; Microsoft Office, Workday, PeopleSoft, other HRIS Systems
- Ability to reconcile accounts with accuracy and able to provide an update to date record keeping
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, typing, phone communication, and standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending and reaching.
Arizona State University offers a total rewards package to qualified candidates that includes:
- AZ state school tuition reduction for employees and their dependents and spouse; all available on day one of employment.
- Competitive wages.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for confidential and free behavioral health services
- Generous accrual of paid sick and vacation time.
- Low-cost dental, health, life, and vision insurance benefits; all available on day one of employment.
- Paid adoption and fertility subsidies.
- Paid time for professional development and volunteering.
- Retirement programs with employer match; designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Wide variety of employee discounts through ASU partnerships.
Please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/benefits
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.