Arizona State University
Sun Devil Athletics seeks part-time Event Attendants who, under general direction, provides various guest services during events while promoting safety and enjoyment of spectators. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the university, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
Theatrical & Public Events
SDA Operations And Facilities
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$15.12 per hour
22-December-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every 2 weeks until the search is closed.
- Greets, directs and answers patron's questions.
- Provides information, resolves problems and complaints of patrons.
- Collects ticket from patrons and ensures tickets are valid.
- Screens patrons and ensures prohibited items, such as containers or alcohol, are not brought into a facility.
- Monitors entrances, exits, aisles, tunnels and seating area in facility.
- Assists with crowd control and facility set-up and tear-down.
No prior experience required; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in customer service to the general public (1 year) OR prior event experience at a sports/entertainment facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU facilities' seating arrangements, services and/or policies.
- Experience in decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Experience in maintaining effective, positive working relationships.
- Evidence of effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs without handrails.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled facility and/or outdoors in extreme weather conditions and subject to extended periods of standing and walking lengthy distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Communicate to perform essential functions.
- Requires use of ticket scanner and walkie-talkie.
The Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) programs are elite, high profile Division I programs. By definition, Division I programs are the "best of the best" and the ladder by which athletes ascend to the world of professional sports and international competitions, such as the Olympics and World Cup. Moreover, Arizona State University and SDA compete in the PAC-12 conference. This conference is known for having won more NCAA national championships in team sports than any other conference in history.
The vision of SDA is to be a comprehensive perennial top ten NCAA Division I athletics program that empowers Sun Devils to maximize human potential and make a positive impact on our university, community and the world.
The mission of SDA is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university. SDA promotes identity, inclusion and expression to build a strong Sun Devil Community reflective of ASU’s charter.
SDA affirms ASU’s commitment to equal employment and is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, competing with integrity, gender equity and inclusion, ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the PAC-12 Conference, and the nation.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (personal references are not accepted)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.