Program Manager, Community Benefits
Arizona State University
Program Manager, Community Benefits
As a Community Benefits Program Manager for the Center for Negative Carbon Emissions (CNCE) and the Southwest Regional Direct Air Capture (DAC) Hub, you will play a pivotal role in fostering positive relationships between our DAC Hub and local communities. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and implement strategic initiatives that enhance community understanding, collaboration, and support for the DAC Hub under the direction of the CNCE and DAC Hub Leadership.
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$48,960 - $68,000 per year; DOE
- Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with local residents, community leaders, NGOs, and other stakeholders near proposed DAC sites.
- Act as a liaison between the DAC Hub and the community, ensuring transparent communication and addressing concerns.
- Community Outreach:
- Develop and execute outreach programs to educate the community about Direct Air Capture technology, its benefits, and its environmental impact.
- Organize community events, workshops, and information sessions to engage residents and gather feedback.
- Collaboration and Partnerships:
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with local organizations, schools, and businesses to enhance community involvement and support for the DAC Hub.
- Public Relations:
- Develop and implement public relations strategies to positively position the DAC Hub in the community.
- Respond to media inquiries and participate in interviews to represent the DAC Hub's perspective.
- Conflict Resolution:
- Address and resolve concerns raised by community members, ensuring effective conflict resolution and maintaining a positive relationship with the community.
- Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collect and analyze community feedback to identify areas for improvement and to inform decision-making processes within the DAC Hub.
- Community Benefit Programs:
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to design and implement community benefit programs that align with the DAC Hub's goals and address the needs of the local community.
- Environmental Justice Advocacy:
- Advocate for environmental justice principles in the implementation of DAC technology, ensuring that the benefits and burdens are equitably distributed.
Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years administrative/coordination experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND three years administrative/coordination experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (communications, public relations, environmental studies, etc.).
- Experience in community engagement, public relations, or a related field.
- Evidence of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working collaboratively with diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental issues and a passion for sustainable technologies.
- Climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of being in a stationary position.
- Constantly detects and operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange accurate information to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
- Will require some travel to implement community engagements.
Flexible work options:
• Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
For the ninth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all nine years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At LightWorks®, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and outstanding benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.