Sales Development Representative, ASU+GSV AIR Show (Chicago, IL Only)
ASU GSV Summit
The ASU+GSV Summit
Now in its 15th year, the ASU+GSV Summit is the world’s most important and impactful gathering of leaders across “preK to gray” education and workforce learning. The annual event is held in April in San Diego, where, in 2023, over 7,000 registrants (a record) gathered to address the transformation of learning and skills delivery leveraging key developments in technology including generative artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and many other solutions.
The ASU+GSV AIR Show
In its inaugural year, the team behind the ASU+GSV Summit is hosting a groundbreaking festival dedicated to the powerful fusion of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Education called the AIR Show. The exposition will bring together the best and brightest thinkers, corporations, and startups in the AI and Education Innovation space, along with key decision makers in K12, Higher Ed, and Workforce Learning. It will enable entrepreneurs and institutional buyers to collaborate, transact, and drive a paradigm shift in the future of learning and skilling powered by AI. Consistent with the annual ASU+GSV Summit in San Diego, this three-day gathering will accelerate bold digital education initiatives and support the next generation of EdTech leaders making a global impact. We anticipate 125+ companies and 10,000+ attendees to join us at the San Diego Convention Center April 13-15 2024 in San Diego.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
We are seeking a driven Sales Development Representative (SDR) for the inaugural AIR Show to research, screen, and develop relationships with potential customers and manage and maintain our CRM database of interested prospects who could exhibit and sponsor the three-day immersive experience. The ideal candidate will also lead our efforts to organize and support the fulfillment of orders in order to deliver on a white-glove sponsor experience.
As the first line of communication with a prospect, the ideal SDR has a solid understanding of the sales process and excels at researching leads, starting new relationships and setting up sales closers for success. The SDR should be a quick learner who has strong communication skills and an ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every new connection is a potential customer with the opportunity for boosting top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability. At the same time the ideal SDR is organized and will keep our CRM and our pipeline clean and up to date.
The SDR will work closely with various stakeholders, including the GSV fund team, leads, exhibitors, and sponsors. Your role will be pivotal in driving revenue and customer success for the AIR Show.
This role is a hybrid Chicago-based role and reports to the Director of Strategy & Growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-2 years of experience as an Sales Development Representative with a track record of meeting and exceeding lead targets and sales quotas
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or at least three years of relevant work experience
- Experience with HubSpot CRM is preferred
- Experience in the EdTech space is preferred, with a deep understanding of the industry's trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Proficiency with HubSpot CRM Software
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to engage prospects and build lasting relationships
- Tenacious, hair-on-fire approach to your work with desire to move up within a sales organization
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Exceptional multitasking abilities with high attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively to achieve collective goals
- Willingness to occasionally check and respond to emails after business hours and weekends
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Sales Lead Generation & Follow Up: Utilize HubSpot, research, conversations with investment team and sales team, and email to generate sales leads. Additionally, you will support management of lead follow up from inbound leads.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Groom the sales pipeline of the AIR Show in Hubspot keeping it organized and up-to-date
- Relationship Building: Build relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Contract Fulfillment: Help fulfill contracted agreements between the AIR Show and customers
- Needs Identification and Product Suggestions: Identify the needs of prospects, and suggest appropriate products
- Meeting and Call Coordination: Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
- Reporting: Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
GSV is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.