SME Mobility Engineering (Government)
East Hampton, Virginia
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The Senior Mobility Network Engineer will provide operations and life cycle maintenance for a carrier grade SDN/NFV test mobility network supporting a Federal customer. This mobility test network will be used to evaluate mobile technologies as well as analyze and test customer equipment. ProServ for mobility projects for Federal Government customers may be required from time to time.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• TS/SCI POLYGRAPH Clearance required. (#polygraph)
• 10+ years experience in the implementation and operation of mobile networks including UMTS and LTE required; and experience with 5GNR desired.
• Strong knowledge of mobile network core and RAN architectures and operation required. Experience with virtualized mobility infrastructures (SDN / NFV) required.
• The candidate will be required to perform basic configuration changes on Core and RAN attributes on short notice.
• The candidate will be required to configure pcap trace files and analyze those trace files for integration or troubleshooting issue resolution.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated. possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The candidate will be required to write and edit detailed reports, MOPS, and root cause analysis (RCA’s).
• Ability and willingness to share operational knowledge with customers when asked.
• The candidate may be required to brief high profile customers on occasion.
• Experience with mobility network security solutions desired.
• Familiarity with workings of AT&T Mobility strongly desired.
• Strong understanding of mobility applications and Mobile Device Management desired.
• Strong understanding of mobility network architectures: CSC, PDN, EPC, IMS, LTE, 5G-EPC, LBS desired.
• Well versed in Openstack and virtualization concepts (NVF, VNF)
• Proficiency in Linux /UNIX environments such as RHEL and Ubuntu
• Strong understanding of Mobility Operations and Support Systems (OSS) Atlas, ENM, NPO desired.
• Strong understanding of test tools: SART, TEMS Investigation, NitroGeo, CellAdvisor / base station Analyzer and Wireshark desired.
• Basic understanding of RESTful and SOAP APIs with the capability to construct API calls desired.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our SME Mobility Engineering earn between $120,000 -$150,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2236634 Date posted 07/25/2022
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.