Virtualization System Engineer (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Virtualization System Engineer to provide support and services in the Tools Team
The job duties of the Virtualization System Engineer are as follows:
- Extensive experience in VMware & Windows administration, troubleshooting, upgrades, migration etc.
- Excellent Working Knowledge on ESX servers from command line.
- Monitoring and Performance analysis on ESX Servers and VMs, Patching of ESX severs and VMs with VMware Update manager.
- Ability to work with VSPHERE / VMware Consolidated Backup / Virtual machine backups. Backup and restore of VMWare servers and virtual sessions.
- Experience in the Installation, configuration, and administration of components in large VMware environment around best practice to vCenter, VMware update manager, vCenter Operation manager, vCenter site recovery manager.
- Experience with server consolidation/virtualization for HW reduction and site migration via P2V, V2V. Upgrading experience in Esxi hosts and VM guests using update manager.
- Excellent analytical skills, identify issues / gaps and recommend solutions.
- Audit the environment and provide recommendations in technology and process areas for Ops improvement.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems.
- Deal with hardware & software whenever required & resolve issues by minimizing downtimes
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application and analysis to management.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Consults on technical aspects to other organizations.
- Maintain security posture.
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Conducts regular hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Responds to system alerts and engages in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Collaborates with vendors on product capabilities and improvements needed to meet customer requirements.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures Higher level Installs and monitors security auditing software and remediates defects based on customer security policies.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Should have good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Must be willing to support after hour activities.
- Must have a minimum of Security+ certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Virtualization System Engineer earn between $108,000– 176,700 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2305017 Date posted 02/07/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.