Tier II Network Technician (ND2) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier II Network Technician to support the customer’s computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
The job duties of the Tier II Network Technician are as follows:
- Support the installation and maintenance of the client’s Local Area Network(LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier III network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, and conduct inventory.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a master’s and 4 years, bachelor’s and 6 years, associate’s and 8 years or HS and 10+ years. Twelve years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow or similar IT Service Management (ITSM) products
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Tier II Network Technician (ND2) earns between $70,800 - $130,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2306094 Date posted 02/13/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.