Software Engineer (ITSE III) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The Network Management System (NMS) team provides engineering design, development, and implementation of the network management system supporting mission critical Networks in support of the Intelligence Community (IC)
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. IT Software Engineer for Linux Automation to support the National Security Team.
The job duties of the Senior IT Software Engineer for Linux Automation are as follows:
- Build & administer infrastructure to deploy & support the rapidly evolving storage, operating system & common service requirements for mission critical network monitoring applications.
- Advanced administration & maintenance experience in Red Hat Ansible and downstream frontends (i.e. AWX).
- Develop Ansible playbooks to automate system provisioning and application deployment.
- Administer & evolve user-friendly frontend to use automation tools.
- Knowledge in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Advanced skills in RHEL using shells/consoles and common scripting languages (i.e., BASH).
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Satellite.
- Ability to manage various RHEL repositories and mirrors.
- Working knowledge of Windows AD/LDAP and other Windows Server services.
- Working knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi environments.
- Review, test & deploy DISA STIG and customer specific security requirements.
- Interpret Nessus Tenable.sc (or similar application) scans results and efficiently remediate in an organized manor.
- Participate in continuous improvement process for refining the architecture performance & scalability.
- Perform daily backups & maintenance on applications & operating systems to include patching, tuning, scripting, automating, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor system, application, and network performance/availability.
- Create & update system/application documentation.
- Working knowledge of Kerberos and/or Kubernetes is a plus.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years. The degree must be in Computer Science or a related technical field. The degree must be in Computer Science or a related technical field. Highly motivated candidate must be able to work independently and with a local and geographically diverse team members using effective time management skills to meet deliverable timelines. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Software Engineer (ITSE III) earns between 79,300 – 175,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2306765 Date posted 02/18/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.