Windows System Administrator SA1 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Windows System Administrator to support the delivery staff by ensuring service levels and objectives are met.
The job duties of the Windows System Administrator are as follows:
- The Windows System Administrator will be responsible for administrating day-to-day IT systems to include system availability, backup/restore, configuration changes, maintaining and patching both physical and virtual.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Performs system backups and recovery, possibly using non-standard tools and methods. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for Devop environments. Ability to research and engineer new solutions.
- Provides 2nd and 3rd Tier support, coordinating timely resolution of problems related to computing hardware and software. Involves consulting with clients, hardware and software vendors, application programmers and the networking (WAN/LAN) support groups. Includes direct technical support for all products delivered in this 7x24 hour environment.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to technical hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of testing tools and techniques for desktop, servers, LAN/WAN, voice or video networks.
- Performs capacity planning, system administration, system tuning, problem analysis and hardware/software upgrades.
- Develops administrative policies, documentation and procedures to ensure that assets are properly maintained and operated.
- May install and configure workstations, servers, printers, and data, voice or video network components.
- Performs testing and establishes system acceptance criteria on current and new hardware and software.
- Develops local administrative policies and procedures to ensure database and system integrity.
- Conducts meetings with the clients and other support groups to establish critical dates and LAN and client/server requirements, determines training needs and develops system administration guidelines tailored to the work environment.
- Coordinates the delivery and staging of client/server hardware and software including Ethernet wiring for the workstation and file server platforms.
- Configures and builds the server hardware and network interfaces to meet client and vendor technical specifications.
- Completes documentation needed for inventory and installation planning. Builds client profiles and system configurations for software distribution equipment.
Required Clearance: Clearable. The ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with polygraph. (#clearable) (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Five (5) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of SA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be eligible to drive a company car.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Windows System Administrator (SA1) earns between 69,000- 97,600 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2306527 Date posted 02/21/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.