IT Field Support Specialist HT2 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an IT Field Support Specialist to support our end-user community by providing Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
The job duties of the IT Field Support Specialist are as follows:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops hardware installation schedules.
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems.
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed.
Required Clearance: Clearable. Able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. (#clearable) (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience: Associate’s degree and two (5) years of experience.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be eligible to drive a company car.
- Must be available to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas.
Must meet DoD 8570 certification requirements for this position. Will accept A+, Net+ and Sec+ with a preference given to Sec+ certs.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our IT Field Support Specialist (HT2) earns between 68,200 - 84,400 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2307312 Date posted 02/23/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.