Lead Tax Accountant
Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Preparation and filing of the federal consolidated income tax return and all related analysis and workpaper review.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the filing of the federal consolidated return and deconsolidated returns including period over period variance analysis.
- Responsible for cash tax forecasting and modeling the impacts of upcoming tax legislation.
- Partner with Research and Planning to identify, facilitate and incorporate tax planning, mergers, divestitures and acquisitions impacts into cash tax forecasts.
- Liaise with Research and Planning to ensure tax planning opportunities and transactions are reported accurately in the federal tax return and estimated payments.
- Identify and implement continual process improvements, through technology or simplification of current workflows
- Works on extremely complex taxation related problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Partner strategically across teams
- Alteryx, Power BI
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
Experience: Typically requires 5-7 years experience.
Work Schedule: Office (In office 3 or more days per week including every Tuesday and Thursday).
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Lead Tax Accountant’s earn between $84,900 - $141,500. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2307052 Date posted 02/25/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.