Installer CT0 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Cable Technician to support the team in providing leadership and training to and other technicians assigned to install, repair and/or testing of voice, data, and audio visual infrastructures.
The job duties of the Cable Technician are as follows:
- Communicate regularly with the customers, Cabling Group Manager, and/or Cabling Supervisor, to stay abreast of changes in work task and deadlines.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work assignments and scheduling of junior crewmembers, which may consist of temp labor and subcontractors.
- Interact with the client, contractors and vendors on the job site.
- Create a positive work environment on the job site at all times.
- Verify work hours of crewmembers on a daily basis.
- Delegate work tasks to junior crewmembers and verifies that work delegated is being completed within a reasonable amount of time and with quality.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe work environment for all crew members by abiding by the Company’s commitment to provide every employee with a safe and healthy work environment.
- May work and direct a crew of 2 to 4 technicians and helpers while under the supervision of a Cabling Manager or Cabling Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently or with other Cabling Service Technicians performing service calls, completing adds, moves and changes.
- Update customer prints and documentation as required.
- Complete work orders, material transfer forms, and other documentation required by the company.
- Furthers oneself though on-going education: either corporate or specialty courses.
Required Clearance: Clearable. Able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. (#clearable) (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Must have a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of two (2) years technical experience in commonly used installation, termination, testing procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of associated hardware, equipment and specifications as they pertain to Network Topologies and/or Telecommunication Voice/Data Systems.
- Must also have the physical ability to lift 50 pounds, perform cable termination, testing, cable rack preparation, layout and installation, and documentation.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be eligible to drive a company car.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Cabling Technician CT0 earns between $47,500 - $57,400 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Tuition reimbursement program
Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Caregiver Leave
Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
Life and Accidental Death Insurance
Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Extensive employee wellness programs
Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2307880 Date posted 03/01/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.