Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
At AT&T we’re redefining the future of connectivity. At our core is a passion to serve our customers with products and services that create connections, improve lives and allow millions to share the stories and experiences that matter. Our Corporate teams are fueled by innovation and a desire to connect the world in meaningful ways. Join our team and bring your bold ideas, supporting and transforming our business across areas like marketing, finance and more.
Overall Purpose: Oversees the State and Local income tax compliance process for AT&T and Subsidiaries and US tax reporting for international operations, participates in the development and implementation of tax operational strategies, policies for a broad functional area through several department managers within the Tax organization having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for State and Local combined, consolidated, and unitary returns and State and Local separate company returns, and estimated tax payments. Also manages Credits and Incentives processes and US tax reporting for international operations.
- Responsible State and Local income cash taxes budgeting and forecasting.
- Supports State and Local income tax audits, including responding to information requests from tax authorities and filing amended returns for correlative state adjustments stemming from Federal RARs.
- Supports tax technology initiatives in the State and Local reporting process to generate synergies, efficiencies and cost reductions through automation and other streamlining opportunities.
- Participates in making the final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of operations enterprise-wide.
- Researches and advises senior and executive level management on the taxation implications of business and operational decisions, business plans and legislative changes at the State and Local levels.
- Regularly interacts with Tax senior management, executives and/or major clients.
- Interactions normally involve controversial situations or influencing and persuading other senior management.
Education: Bachelors or Advanced degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Typically requires 10+ years experience.
Travel: Will require 3-4 days per month to our Atlanta, GA office
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Financial Analysis
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Institutional Finance
- Managing Expenses and Finances
- Tax Audits
- Tax Management
- Tax Operations
- Tax Regulations
Our AVP Tax earns between $171,000.00 - $256,400,00
Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off
to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within
this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2305451 Date posted 03/02/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.