Engineering (Access) (NEII) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Engineer (Access) to support the customers’ various wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN), providing network design, upgrades and configuration support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer intranet/internet and other data communications systems or segments of a networked system; provide tiered support as required.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Design and improve overall Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network architecture and network services. Maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Perform lab equipment, software, application, and network services solution evaluation, testing, integration with the Network Management System (NMS) and security certification.
- Evaluate new network technologies, solution, and services.
- Support Tier-4 production troubleshooting and develop pro-active network analysis solution for the Operations team. Leverage complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must be compliant with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
- Juniper certification or training: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE).
- Experience in developing and implementing methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of CAN/LAN and WAN networks.
- Familiar with firewalls and network timing.
- Experience with network equipment and solution rolls out, as well as engineering documentation.
- Experience with operations and maintenance activities of MPLS networks and MPLS Virtual Private Network (VPN) services.
- Experience using complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Experience employing troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Engineering (Access) earns between $79,300 - $140,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2309418-1 Date posted 03/10/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.