Tier III Network Security Engineer (NEII) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier III Boundary Protection Engineers to support the customer’s various wide area networks (WANs) and local area networks (LANs). This position will provide boundary protection to an enterprise level infrastructure across multiple classifications and act as subject matter experts in boundary technologies across multiple vendors.
The job duties of the Tier III Boundary Protection Engineer are as follows:
- Maintain the security and networking of enterprise boundary enclaves and devices.
- Responsible for installing software, applying patches, managing file systems, and monitoring performance of firewall systems.
- Provide support for Palo Alto, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), and Forcepoint firewall equipment and applications.
- Generate, determine impact of, and implement custom proxy policies and/or policy exceptions in response to ongoing technology implementation activities on the program.
- Proxy subject matter expert (SME) for integration of other technologies within the program (act as SME on ongoing technology projects).
- Support the troubleshooting of web connectivity problems to determine root cause.
- Perform Proxy solution component upgrades, testing and configuration.
- Research and develop evidence collection, protection, and analysis techniques for customer owned and maintained hardware and/or software.
- Provide real-time monitoring and alerting of security incident investigations on perimeter/internal infrastructure.
- Provide day-to-day operations and maintenance (O&M) support for all incident management events and outages.
- Collaborate with IT staff on projects and initiatives.
- Provide input for monthly progress and status reporting of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Work with all corresponding technical support teams as required to resolve network traffic concerns.
- Utilize monitoring tools and log collectors to provide in-depth analysis on traffic anomalies and issues.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14years or HS and 16 years. Candidate must have 7 years of relevant boundary protection experience delivering fault tolerant data network infrastructure solutions and incident response. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting boundary protection technologies such as Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, and Forcepoint appliances.
- Experience with proxy technologies such as Bluecoat proxies or equivalent applications.
- Working knowledge or Routing and Networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of boundary protection best practices.
- Understanding of routing, switching, Internet Protocol (IP) subnet, Network Address Translation (NAT) and security technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to engineer and modify rulesets to allow connectivity for new customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and develop schematic diagrams, technical manuals, and documentation such that the supported equipment and software can be maintained with minimal training.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar IT Service Management (ITSM) products.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- This position requires rotating schedules of after-hours on-call support.
- Desired Qualifications: Project Management Professional Certification
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Tier III Boundary Protection Engineer (NE3) earns between 89,200 - 170,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2309624 Date posted 03/13/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.