Network Provisioning Engineer-Senior (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Provisioning Engineer to provide firewall management and maintenance on the customer’s enterprise network.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Configure, maintain, and manage McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices.
- Create firewall rules and perform network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches and ASA firewalls.
- Experience with McAfee security appliances.
- Network Security / Policy knowledge.
- Intrusion detection experience.
- Understanding of network ports and protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, etc).
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components.
- Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts.
- Network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations.
- Fulfill reporting functions on network status.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
- Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols.
- Experience with McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices.
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices).
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
- Experience with firewall rule creations, splunk, network troubleshooting, network routing.
- TCP/UP knowledge and CISSP or other security certs.
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred.
- CCNP Certification strongly preferred.
- CISSP desired.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Provisioning Engineer-Senior earns between $79,300 - $167,073 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2310922 Date posted 03/23/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.