Sr. Tech Specialist, Systems Engineering
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
AT&T Consumer Technology eXperience Product team is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Infrastructure Engineer with the ability to solve complex problems. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a team helping AT&T transform and migrate our existing consumer technology platform to a modernized, cloud-native platform hosted in a hybrid/multi-cloud environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to design and implementation of cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized
- Design and develop solutions for Azure migrations and transformation tools
- Migration of existing platforms and applications to Azure
- Automation of cloud-based infrastructure deployments and maintenance
- Build, manage and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved. Focus on scalability, security and availability of all infrastructure and processes.
- Identifying and addressing infrastructure deficiencies, availability gaps, and performance bottlenecks
- Serve as escalation for T2-T3 cloud infrastructure support
- Help to determine technical feasibility of solutions for business requirements
- Collaborate with peer organizations, product delivery teams, and support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Working in different shifts overlapping US business hours, any 9 hours from 6AM to 3PM or 2 PM to 11PM in rotation as possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 10+years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
- 5+ years of experience working core cloud technologies
- 4+ years in depth experience with Azure core cloud technologies in a high traffic production setting
- 3+ years of experience in application migrations to cloud using native patterns
- Recognized cloud certification(s) such as Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Security Engineer, Azure Developer, AWS Solution Architect, AWS networking, AWS Security, or other recognized technology certifications in this space
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in core Azure cloud technologies such as: Azure DevOps, VMSS, Vnet, Azure Load balancer, Azure Application gateway, Azure Private Link, Cosmos DB, Azure Monitor/Application Insights, AKS, Azure Cache, Event Hub, Azure Functions
- 4+ years of experience building cloud automation/orchestration solutions with technologies such as: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, other
- 4+ years designing / implementing highly available cloud/HybridCloud network solutions
- 4+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, other
- Deep understanding of cloud security experience. Deep understanding of preventative and retrospective controls.
- Deep experience with performance tuning in a cloud environment
- Experience architecting, implementing, and managing monitoring solutions for production cloud environments
- Knowledge/Experience with core AWS technologies
- Experience with open-source cloud agnostic technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, Anisible, Terraform
- Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
- Ability to comfortably lead technical demo sessions to peers and leadership
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Job ID 2310628I Date posted 04/18/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.