Unified Communications Engineer (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The USAF partnered with AT&T to consolidate multiple disparate expenditures and IT projects into a consolidated enterprise while still allowing its users to retain the ability to tailor services and service levels. AT&T is providing commercial IT services to the USAF to improve performance of IT services and allow re-missioning of military personnel to cyber warfighting missions.
The AT&T Network as a Service (NaaS) team has an opening for a Unified Communications Engineerto support the US Air Force by providing maintenance and repair services in order to intelligently scale network services, enable rapid deployment of emerging technologies, and provide industry-leading security, performance, and reliability. Our NaaS team is dedicated to improving the USAF IT experience through commercial services in order to increase mission effectiveness. It supports the AF Program Management Office, Air Combat Command, 16AF and subordinated units delivering high-availability and secure network capabilities.
The job duties are as follows:
- Monitors Service Now ticket queues to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity and organizational productivity
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of VoIP system and distributed voice network infrastructure
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services
- Interface daily with the Network team and Project Managers
- Review customer requirements and develops engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise UC voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with telecommunication systems
- Recommends and integrates telecommunication Voice, and UC technologies
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests
- Coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within required SLA’s and/or scheduled timeframes
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to the Site Lead
Secret, but Top Secret preferred (#secret) (#topsecret)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline. Equivalent experience can be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Network Administrator or Network Engineer
- Accomplished in administering, troubleshooting, and supporting G-450 gateways
- Highly productive in completing daily workload for trouble-tickets
- Effective troubleshooting of stations, trunks, Uniform Dial Plan (UDP), Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)
- Knowledgeable of voice/data cable infrastructure, termination of 110, 66, and legacy wiring components
- Working knowledge and experience with general voice communications systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Customer service skills and professionalism are required as are effective troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently
- Must be able to support on-call/outage needs
- Must support user support calls, enter/modify tickets, resolve trouble tickets and requests
- USAF experience preferred
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in telecommunications or a related technical field
- Professionally certified in CCNP, CCDP or other relevant certifications
- Master’s Degree
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Unified Communications Engineer’s earn between $79,300 - $140,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2313444 Date posted 04/17/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.