Network Firewall Engineer NE3 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Firewall Engineer to be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of our customer’s next generation firewall solution and VPN technology. Additionally, they will assist in monitoring, configuration changes, and software updates while working alongside the team of cybersecurity experts.
The job duties of the Network Firewall Engineer are as follows:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the customer’s next generation firewall solution.
- Maintain firewall operations and document current environment.
- Incorporate change management into all processes and procedures.
- Creation of technically detailed reports on firewall block lists, device status, change management, hardware/software upgrades, and other areas.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues. Experience with change control policy and procedures.
- An understanding of DOD information assurance policy and regulations.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems remotely and on-site.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with managing enterprise firewall and VPN solutions. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Force Point, Palo Alto, and Cisco ASA firewalls required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience with Cisco Dynamic VPN (DMVPN) technology
- Security+ CE certification or equivalent DOD 8570 baseline certification
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Firewall Engineer NE2 earns between $89,200 - $198,700 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311549 Date posted 03/30/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.