Network Engineer II (NE2) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Engineer (Campus Area Network/Local Area Network (CAN/LAN)) to support our government customer’s global enterprise networks. Network Architecture provides solutions for modernizing the network components while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise.
The job duties of the Engineer (CAN/LAN) are as follows:
- Interpret customer requirements and apply standard design approaches for service delivery. Fully document designs with diagrams, bill of materials, cabling sheets, configurations, and other supporting documents.
- Evaluate new technologies and capabilities through testing in a lab environment. Deploy these capabilities to production networks and migrate user traffic.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians.
- Supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve design products, processes, and systems.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must be compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Network engineering and design experience specific to Campus Area and Local Area Networks (CAN/LAN). Experience should include application of industry standards, developing configurations, and integration of solutions into production environments. Experience with Cisco routers and switches, Brocade switches, and Juniper routers and switches.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation. Extensive border gateway protocol (BGP) experience a plus. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent knowledge.
- Initiative and discipline to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
- Must have or obtain a Security+ CE or equivalent 8570 certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Architecture Engineer (NE 2) earns between $79,300 - $140,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311193 Date posted 03/28/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.