Tier II Network Engineer-Senior (HQ) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier 2 Network Engineer to support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing Tier 2 network monitoring and service.
- Provide Tier 2 support to an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Apply software, hardware, and standard information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of relevant work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of relevant work history.
Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT systems.
This position requires all personnel to work a shift schedule that includes weekend and holiday work.
Night shift (Wednesday/Saturday: 6pm-2am; Thursday/Friday: 6pm-6am)
Desired Qualifications: Network certifications Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Tier 2 Network Engineer’s earn between $79,300 - $173,679 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311172 Date posted 03/27/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.