System Administrator (Government)
San Antonio, Texas
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The AT&T Defense Team supports our nation’s warfighters, providing, operating, and assuring critical network, cybersecurity, voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
We’re looking for a motivated team member to join our security operations center (SOC) team supporting critical customer operations.
The job duties are as follows:
- Maintain the health and usability of all computing, storage, and virtualization components.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of computing and storage hardware and manages services such as Domain Name Service (DNS), Directory Services and Identity Management.
- Assist with maintaining the health and usability of database components.
- Assist with maintaining network performance, configurations, connections and troubleshooting network problems.
- Perform maintenance and repair of databases and manage database services such as data restoration/replication, data import/export, and data interfaces.
- Support availability management activities to plan, measure, monitor and continuously improve the availability of the network infrastructure and services.
- Conduct performance management activities associated with managing and tuning service components for optimal performance.
- Responsible for incident and event management to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible, minimize adverse impact on mission operations and to detect events, analyze and determine appropriate response or action.
- Responsible for planning and analysis activities associated with researching new technical trends, products and services, such as hardware components, enterprise system software, and networks that offer opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service areas.
- Compile daily situational reports (SITREP) including items identified by the team from daily out-briefs, deficiencies identified with possible mitigation tactics, noteworthy events, and comments from program stakeholders.
- This is a shiftwork position. Weekend work may be required.
TS with SCI eligibility (#ts/sci)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with monitoring, management, and fault tools such as SolarWinds.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or progress towards certification.
Experience with VOIP, TCP/IP protocols and telecommunications technology, active directory, managing group policy, VEEAM backup, virtual machines, and hypervisors is desired. BS in technical field (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, and Information Assurance). GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) certified.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our System Administrator’s earn between $70,700 - $90,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2313819 Date posted 04/27/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.