Lead IT Auditor
Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
At AT&T we’re redefining the future of connectivity. At our core is a passion to serve our customers with products and services that create connections, improve lives and allow millions to share the stories and experiences that matter. Our Corporate teams are fueled by innovation and a desire to connect the world in meaningful ways. Join our team and bring your bold ideas, supporting and transforming our business across areas like marketing, finance and more.
Our Lead IT Auditors are responsible for performing risk assurance and advisory engagements to analyze and assess the company’s technological infrastructure to identify, report, recommend and validate audit corrective actions that enable processes and systems to run accurately and efficiently, while remaining secure and meeting compliance regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs technology risk assessments, identifies related technical and technology-dependent controls, defines assessment criteria, develops and executes technical test plans, identifies and reports deficiencies and recommendations, and performs follow-up on corrective actions, consistent with applicable professional standards required by the Audit Services Charter approved by the Board’s Audit Committee.
- Has advanced knowledge of IT governance and security frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST) and control frameworks (COBIT, COSO) and methodologies and may be a specialist in specific technology platforms or domains including operating systems, databases, information security, public/private cloud, code development methodologies, technology governance, etc.
- Utilizes a data-first audit approach, technology audit tools, and Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT) to perform advanced analysis of company technology environments.
- Identifies opportunities for data-driven technology risk insights, continuous auditing, and robotic process automation.
- Develops findings and recommendations for incorporation into an audit report and presents results to Senior Management.
- Work product may be shared directly with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- May work in a limited role as an extension of the company’s independent auditors and/or on highly sensitive independent projects.
- May participate in audits in high-risk areas such as joint ventures, partnerships and subsidiaries.
Lead IT Auditors exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results for technology-based risks. Operates primarily with a team as an individual contributor but may operate independently on an assignment basis. Project execution is critical to meet risk coverage and project commitments approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Provides guidance to less experienced and non-technical team members.
- Typically a bachelors degree with information systems focus or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP or other technology related certification(s) required
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Preferred combined experience in IT Audit and other advanced technology fields (e.g. Cloud or AI)
- Cloud experience
- Cyber Security and/or AI experience
- NIST experience
The workplace designation for this position will be virtual office. Office presence at an Audit Services location in Dallas, Alpharetta, San Antonio or St. Louis is required the third Wednesday and Thursday of each month. Additional office presence may be required based on business needs.
Our Lead IT Auditors earn between $106,100 - $159,100. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2309567-2 Date posted 05/03/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.