Temporary Facility Technician
Temporary Facility Technician
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
We need you to build the future of our network.
Use your expert knowledge to install Wi-Fi and voice services while working inside and outside our customers' homes.
Ditch the office and take your career on the road.
Life as a
What's this job really like? See what's on the road in a technician career.Watch Video
Connect customers in your community to the latest tech and services in opportunities that are as wide as the open road.
- Tech savvy
- An effective communicator
- Personable with excellent customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
You're Ready To
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as a Facility Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Facility Technicians work both inside and outside to test and repair equipment and services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Facility Technician:
• Splice copper and fiber cables in all environments (aerial, buried, underground and buildings)
• Coordinate work operations with other employees and with customers, as well as maintaining company records
• Repair and maintain cable plant, fiber optic plant and digital loop carrier equipment
• Operate hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders mounted on trucks
Have you worked 5 or more years performing construction work that involves repairing and maintaining plant equipment and/or operating heavy machinery? If yes, you could be eligible for a starting pay of up to $28/hour. Don’t have 5 years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Learn more about the Facility Technician by watching this short video.
In addition to possessing STRONG communication skills, our Facility Technicians must:
• Possess a valid state driver’s license
• Meet 325lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Perceive differences in wire and cable colors
• Climb poles, climb ladders and work aloft with hand tools
• Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
• Work outside in all kinds of weather
• Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
• Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
• Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
• Qualify on pre-employment screening
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)
Individuals holding this job title may be required to perform the above job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job ID 2311372 Date posted 04/10/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Here’s what to expect.
Stay updated on your status. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
If you don't pass on your first attempt, you'll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
AT&T is a Modern Communications and Technology Company.
It’s our people and partners who make the difference.
Connecting you to Tech, Entertainment and Community Leaders.
Stories and News from the People at AT&T.