Principal-Systems Administrator (SA2) (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security team supports our Federal Government by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of national security operations.
AT&T has an opening for System Administrator to administer day-to-day IT systems for our customized network solution in support of the federal government.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for administrating day-to-day IT systems to include system availability, backup/restore, configuration changes, maintaining and patching both physical and virtual.
- Install and configure workstations, servers, printers, and data, voice, or video network components.
- Install and maintain software releases.
- Maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Consult with clients, hardware and software vendors, application programmers, and the network team.
- Provide technical support for development, test, and production environments.
- Perform capacity planning, system administration, system tuning, problem analysis and hardware/software upgrades.
- Develop administrative policies, documentation, and procedures to ensure that assets are properly maintained and operated.
- Perform testing and establish system acceptance criteria on current and new hardware and software.
- Determine training needs and develop system administration guidelines tailored to the work environment.
- Configure and build the server hardware and network interfaces to meet client and vendor technical specifications.
- Build client profiles and system configurations for software distribution equipment.
- Respond to system alerts and engage in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Ten (10) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Principal-Systems Administrator (SA2) earns between $78,800 - 130,600 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311162 Date posted 03/27/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.