Information System Security Engineer level 3 ISSE3 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Intelink Services provide interagency information sharing, content discovery, and collaboration capabilities on the IC system domains to the IC and its partners in Defense, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs, and Law Enforcement.
AT&T has an opening for an Information Systems Security Engineer to support Public Sector Solutions.
The job duties of the ISSE level 3, team lead are as follows:
- The ISSE is responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities that capture and refine information security requirements and ensures their integration into information systems through purposeful design and configuration. Specific duties include:
- Leading a small team of ISSEs.
- Validating and verifying system security requirements, conducting security control assessments, and establishing system security designs for cloud-based and hybrid systems.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate information security architectures and configurations to ensure compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations.
- Recommending and developing technical solutions based on current and desired system security architecture.
- Proposing, assessing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the system life cycle.
- Analyzing and assessing system implementation against multiple security compliance policies, identifying points of vulnerability and non-compliance, and recommending and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Evaluating the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system and formulating security compliance requirements for new system features.
- Auditing and assessing system security configuration settings using common methodologies and tools.
- Leading and/or contributing to the security planning, assessment, and authorization activities for various systems and networks spanning multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Supporting risk assessment, risk management, continuous monitoring, incident response, and other IA program support functions.
- Working closely with system owners and developers to ensure that systems and services successfully implement appropriate security controls and meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in security architecture, to include providing advice and guidance to Program Managers and internal program teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with common security tools (such as Nessus and Splunk), communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with NIST and CNSS control documentation, the RMF, STIG compliance, and the DoD Assessment & Authorization process
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of regular expressions
- Knowledge of and experience with securing cloud-based systems
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
- Scripting knowledge
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required. Both CISSP and either ISSEP or ISSAP certifications are required.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Information System Security Engineer level 3 (ISSE3) earns between $118,700 - $234,500 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311898 Date posted 04/06/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.