SR SPECIALIST, Software Engineering
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
oles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
• Lay the foundation for an amazing engineering team.
• Implement best practices and coding standard.
• Ability to work & deliver code in an agile team environment.
• Lead and drive team to the highest standards.
• Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
• Tracking down and fixing bugs, performance issues, or display issues.
• Be a problem solver in an open, highly collaborative, team environment.
Primary / Mandatory skills:
• Overall Experience: - 6+ Professional experience in building web applications.
• Self-motivated with a solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC - from requirements to deployment, agile methodologies
• Understanding of REST architecture, API’s.
• Understanding on JSON, XML, SoapUI or Postman
• Good Understanding on SQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Azure Cosmos (optional) is preferred
• Strong working Knowledge on Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
• Good experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
• Proficient with code versioning tools such as GIT, Bitbucket, build tools such as Yarn and ability to set up CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins 2.0 or above and Sonar
• Knowledge of distributed systems, ELK/EFK, Dynatrace or equivalent is a plus
• Microsoft Certified Azure Developers are preferred.
• Experience working with process management software such as JIRA is preferred
• Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
Additional information (if any): Willing to work in Shift Duties, Willingness to learn is very important as AT&T offers excellent environment to learn Digital Transformation skills such as cloud, Big data, AI, Full stack etc.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s/ Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
Job ID 2313578I-2 Date posted 04/25/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.