Principal Member of Technical Staff
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We’re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future – you’ll create it.
As a Principal Member of Technical Staff, you’ll provide solutions to complex business and technical problems or issues of complex scope using advanced engineering and technical principles. The PMTS candidate will work in a “hands on” Wi-Fi environment. When necessary, the PMTS candidate shall provide technical leadership to peer members of the Wi-Fi team, execute existing automated tests, be innovative, identify test gaps, and root cause analysis of Wi-Fi issues related to ATT broadband RGs and Wi-Fi extenders. The candidate shall provide technical feedback on peer written test strategies, test cases and innovatively derive new test cases.
Desired skills include:
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Wi-Fi Test and Software Experience is a plus
· Detail-oriented and process-oriented/aware
· Understanding of 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi 6/6E features
· Understanding of Wi-Fi Test Methodologies
· Understanding of basic Agile concepts and methodologies
· IP networking experience
· Wi-Fi Tools such as Veriwave, Octoscope PALs, IGEN, Wireshark
· Network and Wi-Fi Protocol Analysis
· Experience in using a Mac, Xcode, XCUITEST, UIAUTOMATOR2 and Android SDK.
· Desired: Experience in JAVA & Python Programming.
· Desired: 5+ Years of Experience in Mobile App Automation (IOS & Android) Appium
· Experience in BDD, Cucumber, JUNIT, Maven and ROBOT framework is plus
In this role candidate is responsible for:
· Wi-Fi Testing and/or Automation of test cases
· Is key contributor on products, services and/or infrastructure strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization
· Provide thought leadership and advice on shaping the long-term direction to our testing approaches within the Wi-Fi team.
· Use sophisticated analytical thought and judgment to solve loosely defined, complex and unique problems
· Direct projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms
· Serve as subject matter expert for Wi-Fi 6/6E new and existing feature testing.
· Research and recommend technology to improve current systems
· Drive End to End testing across multiple products for RG PIs and Extender releases.
· Analyze Wi-Fi Performance data to determine whether it meets expectations.
· Clearly document and describe issues found from testing and provide adequate supporting data.
· Engage others to adopt a sense of urgency and problem resolution
· Independently set day to day work priorities while working to achieve the goals of the team/organization in a dynamic fast-paced work environment.
· Work with various internal cross-functional organizations to analyze test results to reproduce and identify issues.
· Provide technical support to internal team, including, but not limited to analyze device log and provide analysis results
· Mentor and train junior members of the team
Our Principal Member Technical Staff earn between $160,900 - $241,300 Annually. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join the #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2306760 Date posted 04/24/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.