Technical Specialist, Application Development
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
About the Company:
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience.
About the Team:
Omni-channel Analytics Product Team is part of the Omni-channel Engineering team under Strategic Platform which aligns with the broader AT&T platform from a data collection standpoint and builds the next generation Data Collection, Data Pipeline, and Data Management solution that serves our business customers with ease of data access, consolidated information in a central place and build to new data models which make reporting easy, scalable, multidimensional to slice and dice, serving operational and business needs with near real-time reporting capabilities.
The job is responsible for understanding Analytics product features and collaborating with the product manager and the dev team members to break the work down into appropriate-size stories and dependencies groomed for development. Align with the design approach and development framework with the application architect to ensure analytics solutions meets the analytics platform architecture. Evaluate the design approach for issues, mitigation, the risk for scalability, performance, availability, and data loss.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Engage with the business team and stakeholder at different levels to understand business needs, analyze, document, prioritize the requirements, and make recommendations on the solution and implementation. Delivering the product that meets business requirements, reliability, scalability, and performance goals
• Work with Agile scrum team and create the scrum team strategy roadmap/backlog, develop minimal viable product and Agile user stories that drive a highly effective and efficient project development and delivery scrum team.
• Work on Data mapping/transformation, solution design, process diagram, acceptance criteria, user acceptance testing and other project artifacts.
• Work effectively with the technical/development team and help them understand the specifications/requirements for technical development, testing and implementation.
• Ensure solutions promote simplicity, efficiency, and conform to enterprise and architecture standards and guidelines.
• Partner with the support organization to provide training, support and technical assistance to operation team and end users as necessary
Product/Application Developer. Designs and develops software applications based on user requirements in a variety of coding environments such as graphical user interface, database query languages, report writers, and specific development languages. Consult on the use and implementation of software products and applications and specialize in the business development environment, including the selection of development tools and methodology.Primary / Mandatory skills:
• Overall Experience: Overall 4 to 6 years of IT development experience.
• Design and Code NodeJS based Microservices, API Webservices, NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb).
• Expert in developing code for Node-JS based Microservice in TypeScript
• Good Experience in understanding the data Transmission through pug/sub mechanism like Event Hub and Kafka
• Good Understanding of Analytics and clickstream data capture is HUGE Plus.
• Good understanding of frameworks like Java Spring Boot, Python is preferred.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Azure principles and services is preferred
• Able to write Unit test cases.
• Familiarity with performance testing tools such as Akamai SOASTA is preferred.
• Good knowledge on Source Code control like GIT, code clout, etc and understanding of CI/CD(Jenkins and Kubernetes)
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or experience in software development and web technologies
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to convert consumer insights and performance data into high impact initiatives.
• Experience working within scaled agile development team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
• The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
Shift timing (if any):
• Shift falls typically between 5.30 PM to 2:30 AM India standard time. Occasionally may have to work long hours in situations when it is needed.
Additional information (if any): Willing to work in Shift Duties, Willingness to learn is very important as AT&T offers excellent environment to learn Digital Transformation skills such as cloud, Big data, AI, Full stack etc.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s/ Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
Job ID 2314869I-1 Date posted 04/28/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.