SENIOR, SALES SYSTEM ENGINEER
Generate the sales that help us build a more connected world.
"If you’re getting ready to start your career with AT&T know that you’re expected to work hard."Kyle P — Channel Manager, B2B Sales Development Program
"At the same time, you have the ability to grow professionally. The connections you’re going to make inside of the company are connections you’ll always have — and need — to further your career."
Closing the deal means opening up millions of opportunities.
At AT&T, we’re transforming the speed of business. Our National Sales team works at the center of the deal – offering our millions of customers integrated business solutions to meet their needs in our cybersecurity, fiber, wireless, cloud, IOT and more. As part of our team, you’ll play a pivotal role in redefining how our customers grow their businesses and connect to the world. It’s a huge opportunity to close the deal on a career with global connections and even bigger rewards.
As a Technical Sales Consultant Fiber, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert supporting our fiber-based network assets. Your technical solution recommendations will ensure that customer integrations and implementations of fiber products, services and solutions are successful. You’ll consult with direct sales teams and customers providing technical expertise for the design, customization, execution and account management of highly complex technical products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the communication and technology needs of small and mid-sized business customers and to partner with your resources to design customized solutions to meet their unique business needs
- Consult with direct sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of complex technical products and services
- Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Manages the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities
- Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning complex system software and applications
What you need:
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Reliable vehicle per transportation needs of markets
What you’ll Bring:
- 5-8 years of experience in telecommunications/networking
- 7+ years of technical consulting and/or technical sales experience
- Understanding of competitive products and services and competitive strategies
- Fiber broadband technology experience and knowledge preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, technical discipline preferred
Changing the speed of business comes with many rewards – starting with your paycheck. We offer a competitive base pay plus commission with the ability to earn additional compensation based on meeting or exceeding sales quotas. And with paid training, career tools and resources you’ll hit the ground running.
Once you’re a part of the team, you’ll gain some amazing perks and benefits including paid-time off on top of paid holidays, medical/dental coverage, a 401(k) plan and tuition reimbursement. We also provide employee discounts on:
- AT&T Wireless plans & features, including IOT and connected devices
- AT&T internet & fiber
- AT&T phone
- AT&T TV (including free HBO Max), DIRECTV (including Free HBO & NFL Sunday Ticket) or U-verse TV
Ready to close the deal on a career with AT&T? Apply today.
Our SENIOR, SALES SYSTEM ENGINEER´s earn between $85,400 - $128,000 + $26,400 in commissions yearly if all sales goals are met. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311648-1 Date posted 04/06/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.