Lead Tax Accountant
Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Work in AT&T’s dynamic tax accounting team using your background, experience, education and corporate knowledge to properly record, report and manage corporate income taxes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monthly provision entries, quarterly reporting and account reconciliations.
- Perform analysis and research for complex income tax accounting projects including purchase accounting, determination of book and tax basis, calculation of deferred taxes and valuation allowances and utilization of tax attributes, requiring an understanding of both generally accepted accounting principles as well as tax law.
- Preparation of financial statement disclosures in accordance with company policy and SOX controls.
- Meet the company’s requirement to accurately reflect monthly, quarterly and annual tax accounting results including general ledger, SOX and management reporting. It is also required that the selected candidate will meet external reporting requirements for financial statement auditors.
- 3-5 years relevant experience including, but not limited to having a solid understanding of changes in tax laws, rates and methods
- Experience analyzing and disclosing Uncertainty in Income Taxes (“FIN 48”)
- Advanced ASC 740 – Current Tax Expense; Deferred Tax Expense; Rate Reconciliation; Tax Accounts; etc.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel (i.e. Vlookup functions, advanced formulas, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Experience with OneSource, CorpTax or other Tax Provision software preferred
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Our Lead Tax Accountant Managers earn between $94,300 - $141,500 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2312221 Date posted 04/20/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.