Lead Member of Technical Staff 1- RAN Cloud Architecture
Middletown, New Jersey
Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We’re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future – you’ll create it.
As Lead Member of Technical I– RAN Cloud Infrastructure, you'll have responsibility for architecting all aspects of cloud infrastructure within the RAN network. This architect will drive the evolution of cloud operational support and develop new ‘aaS” models. This position will define the hardware server requirements to support the cloud layer within the RAN.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of AT&T’s cloud RAN network architecture – focus on infrastructure and automation
- Identify opportunities to improve deployment speed and reliability and absorb complexity of Cloud RAN infrastructure
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation, including test plans, validation scenarios, and architectural diagrams
- Develop best-practice standards and guidance for virtualization and emerging technologies
- Interact and collaborate with vendors and suppliers to create innovative solutions
- Establish plans to ensure compliance with security, reliability, and performance standards
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Informational Technology, Data Communications from an accredited university.
- PhD in an approved field with 8 years of experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
- At least 8 years’ experience in wireless network engineering
- Must have strong working knowledge of wireless networks and standards including overall network architecture, RF design & performance principles.
- Advanced understanding of 3GPP and common Internet standards and protocols, base station architecture, virtualized mobility packet core architectures, and cloud frameworks and O-RAN
- Strong analysis, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Our Lead Member Technical Staff I earn between $152,000 - $304,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 28 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
- Long Term Grants and Deferred Compensation
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Job ID 2311176-1 Date posted 04/12/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.